Profile of Major General S.Z. Kazaure (DSS PhD FCSN, Director General National Youth Service Corps)
April, 2016 - Date
Major General Sule Zakari Kazaure hails from Kazaure, Jigawa State of Nigeria
He attended the Arewa Primary School, Kazaure for his primary education and thereater proceeded to Government College Birnin-Kudu, old Kano State and later Science Secondary School, Dawakin-Kudu, present Kano State for his secondary education.
He was commissioned into the Nigerian Army on 4th October, 1989 and posted to the Nigerian Army Education Corps.
- Direct Short Service Course, Course 2/90 in Jaji, 1990.
- Basic NAEC Officers’ Development Course at the Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE), 1997.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) (Army) at NASE, 2007 – 2008.
- Executive NAEC Management Course at NASE, 2009.
- Armour Protection for Asymmetric Conflicts Course, Defence Academy of United Kingdom (UK), 2011.
- Research and Development (R&D) International Conference, USA, 2015.
His Academic Qualifications include:
- BSc. Chemistry from Bayero University Kano 1987.
- MSc. Analytical Chemistry from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 1999.
- PGD Education from Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu ode, Ogun State 2008.
- Ph.D Pure and Applied Chemistry from Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto 2009.
His Postings and Appoitments:
- Instructor, Nigerian Military School (NMS), Zaria from 1989 – 1996.
- Lecturer, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna from 1996 – 1999.
- Staff Officer II (SO2) Academics NDA, Kaduna from 1999 – 2000.
- Staff Officer II (SO2) Administration, Headquarters Nigerian Army Education Corps, Yaba from 2000 – 2003.
- Chief Instructor Education (CIE), NMS Zaria from 2006 – 2007.
- Commandant, Command Day Secondary School, Oshodi from 2007 – 2009.
- Chief Librarian Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC), Jaji from Jan to Aug 2009.
- Deputy Director Research and Development (DDR & D), Defence Industrial Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) from 2009 – 2011.
- Divisional Education Officer (DEO), Headquarters 82 Division, Enugu from 2011 – 2013.
- Senior Lecturer/head of Department, NDA, Kaduna from 2013 – 2015.
- Commandant, Nigerian Army Language Institute, Ovim from 31st Dec 2015 to 18th April, 2016.
- Lieutenant – 4th October 1989.
- Captain – 4th October 1993.
- Major – 4th October 1998.
- Lieutenant Colonel – 4th October 2003.
- Colonel – 4th October 2008.
- Brigadier General – 4th October 2014.
- Major General – 6th December 2018.
- He served as a Committee Member that developed a policy for Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare for the Nigerian Army (NA).
- He was involved in the production of DICON Draw Soap which is used to lubricate and polish bullet cases during the mechanical drawing process. This lubricant was initially procured from outside the country at a huge cost in foreign exchange.
- He has also produced some Military Pyrotechnics for the NA.
His decorations and awards:
Assumption of Duty at NYSC:
- Major General Kazaure assumed duty as the 17th Chief Executive of the National Youth Service Corps on Monday 18th April, 2016
Family and Hobbies:
- Brigadier General Kazaure is happily married with children. He is widely travelled, some of the countries he has visited are; UK, USA and Various African nations. His hobbies include Football and Horse riding