Press and Public Relations
To operate a result-oriented Press and Public Relations unit that is media friendly, responsive to the scheme's various Public and committed to acheiving desirable image within the ambit of its set objective.
To ensure a sustainable mutual relationship with the media and the scheme's Publics through effective service delivery.
The Unit has the following Divisions:
- New Media
Brief Summary of the Roles of Divisions
- Publicity Division
- This division handles the advertising aspect of the schemes's programmes and activities not covered by the media relations.
- collates, process and disseminates information that project the activities of the scheme to the publics
- Takes charge of corporate image management for the scheme through a mix of PR strategies
- Maintain effective and adequate media relations
- Publications Division
- Plans and executes nationwide circulation of internal publications
- Maintains a mini-library where valuable materials both external and internal are kept and can be retrieved
- Serves as the editorial engine room for the scheme's publications
- Coordinates the Publications emanating from the State/FCT Secretariats.
- New Media Division
- Is responsible for communicating with the scheme's stakeholders through computer generated tools using social media platforms such as facebook, twitter, instagram, whatsapp, email etc.
Departmental Telephone Hotline
- 122(Director-PPR-intercom service)
Any other relevant information regarding our operation that the public needs to know.
- The use of the social media has become very wide spread globally and locally. And its being adopted and put into effective use by Government's MDAs to avoid or minimise reputational crisis. This is more so especially in the NYSC where Corps Members who constitute the primary stakeholders make use of social media platform all the time
The following accounts are for those who need to be connected:
- GMAIL: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/officialnysc
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/nysc_ng
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/nysc_ng