Planning Research and Statistics Department
The PRS Department is headed by a Director.
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
The Department'S Vision and Mission Statements are as follows:
DIVISIONS IN PRS DEPARTMENT:
The Department has 4 Divisions, namely:-
- “To provide a Repository of Functional Think Tank Capable of Galvanizing the scheme on the path of sustainable Development”.
- “To ensure Effective Planning, Research, Statistics Performance
And Periodic Assessment Facilitated By Reliable Data and
Records for the Scheme”.
Policy and Plan.
Research, Statistics and Library.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
DUTIES OF THE DIVISIONS:
The Duties and Functions of the Divisions in PRS Department are as follows:
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Services the PRS Department renders are:
Policy and Plan Division:
- Corporate plan (rolling, medium and perspective) i.e coordinates, plan programmes of all the Departments of the scheme.
- Production of plan manual and action plan for each year
- Preparation of policy guidelines for three batch orientation and Winding-Up/Passing-Out programmes.
- Research Statistics and Library Division:-
- Researches in to all aspect of the scheme activities and policies
- Research into organizational, operational and Management modalities of the scheme
- Produces in-house consultancy to other Departments to enhance and stimulate Managerial efficiency and corporate performance.
- Constant collection and processing of data and statistics relating to the scheme
- Management of the Scheme’s record, library and archival resources.
- Supervises Annual Management Conference.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Division
- Monitoring and Evaluating plans programme and project implementation for the scheme
- Collecting, analyzing and evaluating reports on the scheme for Management’s use.
- Responsible for the overall annual report of the scheme.
- Sorting and monitoring performance and efficiency targets for the various sub-Divisions and staff of the scheme.
- Ensures programme implementation and monitoring of NYSC activities.
- Coordination of feedback on work programme effectiveness.
- Technical Assistance Division
- Liaison with relevant bodies outside the scheme.
- Coordinating technical assistance for the scheme.
PRS Department provides services to both Government, Non-
Governmental organizations, Research Students etc regarding information, statistical data on the operations of the scheme. Reference materials are also provided through the Research, Statistics and Library Division.
PARTNERS AND COLLABORATORS:
The Department is collaborating with both Government and non-Governmental organizations. For instance:-
Ministry of Budget and National Planning,
National Bureau of Statistics,
Citizenship and Leadership Training Center,
- Nigerian Security & Civil Defense Corps,
- Red Cross,
- NDLEA and etc.
PRS Department has no official telephone line but has an e-mail address where all correspondence and enquirIes can be forwarded: