The Procurement Department is headed by a Director.
DIVISIONS IN PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
The Department Vision and Mission Statements are as follows:
Capital Procurement Division
Capital Procurement Branch
Recurrent Procurement Division
Recurrent procurement Branch
The Department plays the following roles:
- Preparation of annual plan for capital and recurrent expenditures
- Procurement Scheduling: Specifications of time-line for acquisition, delivery of goods and services during the fiscal year, or planned period
- Competitive Tendering: Operate a vibrant Tenders Board with responsible compliance with laid down procedures
- Price Intelligence: Ensuring that the quality and quaninty supplied conform with specified/accepted competitive pricing
- Monitoring and Compliance: ensuring that the quality and quantity supplied conforms to specified/accepted standards
- Stock Receipt/Documentation: receiving goods supplied at the central Stores or designated venues and recording same
- Stock Issuance: Release or distribution of goods from the Central Store or designated venues.
- Technical Standard, Bids and Audit: The Department is responsible technical expertise on what is required and is open for internal audit
- Disposal by sale, auction, trade-in, destruction and abandonment, disposable Assets of NYSC
- Database Management, Recording and Electronic documentation of transactions.